Renew your Mind and assess your Trajectory
Sometimes in life we lose our vision, purpose, direction, or perspective. This problem is often extended to our business venture, where our goals, ambitions, and legacy becomes unclear or uncertain.
If this is your current situation, you may wish to perform a quick but effective 2-hour exercise, to restore your mindset, and get a grip on your business 🕺
In business, we are constantly bombarded by harsh realities affecting our performance caused by operational complexities, financial stress, relationship issues, a saturated market, and a myriad of other problems.
To counteract this phenomenon and to get a clear perspective on your trajectory, I suggest you take a moment to literally 'escape' your business.
Put yourself in a positive space where you can be inspired; where you feel more relaxed, and able to objectively look at your business without the negative distractions and pressure. For me personally, having a coffee after a game of golf works really well. 🙆♂️
Then, perform the following brainstorming session (you may wish to perform this exercise with someone else like a friend, mentor, or business advisor):
1. Articulate your VISION and what made you go into business in the first place. Write down at least 5 key reasons;
2. Identify 1-2 core ISSUES affecting each area of your business, across your HR, operations, IT, finance, marketing, sales, legal etc;
3. Identify 1-2 core OPPORTUNITIES that you envisage in the short term and mid term;
4. Identify your STRENGTHS and WEAKNESSES in terms of employee skillset. Take into account your own mindset or emotional intelligence;
5. SUMMARISE or condense your notes into a 1-page document;
6. Take ACTION by focusing on just 1 item first, making sure that you can execute or complete this task over the next month;
7. REVIEW your performance weekly, by referring back to your 1-page summary. You may wish to also remain ACCOUNTABLE with your Mentor, by engaging in a quick 15-minute discussion;
After 1 month, you may wish to review or update your 1-page summary, and identify the next action item to perform.
The important thing to keep into account, is to maintain a RYTHYM or momentum around this type of work, which I call 'business development'.
After 3 months, you may wish to perform this exercise all over again, so that you keep advancing forward.
If you are still unsure where to start, you may wish to consider the following programs to kick-start this process:
Alternatively, schedule a FREE 15-minute initial consultation with Federico to assess your next step.