Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions of Engagement
In these ‘General Terms and Conditions of Engagement’, the expression “the Company” shall mean Federico Re trading as ‘Creative Entrepreneur’ (ABN 50 274 955 851), and the expression “the Client” or “Customer” shall mean any party contracting for the supply of any professional Business Service, or purchase of any Business Program as advertised on our Company website, including but not limited to, business and/or executive coaching, mentoring, training, and/or consulting, speaking engagement, or any other professional service rendered by the Company.
1. All professional business services will be charged at a flat consulting rate of $350 per hour (inc. GST). This will be charged at 15 minute increment lots (as per clause 2 below), and payable within 7 days from issue of tax invoice by the Company. Out of hours and/or weekend work will incur a 20% additional fee.
2. Total ‘consultation time’ is calculated in 15 minute increments and includes all work performed by the Company for You, which may include advisory, mentoring, coaching, consultation, and any other form of work involving phone discussions; online (ie. Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams) meetings; e-mail correspondence; business development work performed at our office; meetings held with you or other personnel, and if instructed, with your clientele and your suppliers; formulation of reports, data analysis, market research; travel time (charged at 25% of the standard rate from Melbourne CBD); etc.
3. The rate is exclusive of all disbursement charges, including but not limited to, courier charges, photographic expenses, sub-consultant fees, parking, interstate or overseas phone charges, market research material, trade show expenses, etc.
4. All travel required by car outside of Metropolitan Melbourne will be charged at $0.85/km + GST (calculated from Errol Street, North Melbourne), and will be invoiced as a disbursement cost and be subject to the conditions outlined above.
5. Interstate Work and related costs including, but not limited to, motor vehicle hire, petrol, meals, flights, accommodation, departure tax, travel insurance, will be charged as a disbursement cost, and billed to you and payable within 7 days of a Tax Invoice by the Company.
6. For any work conducted at the Client’s premise, or at any other specific site requested by the Client, a minimum service fee of 2 hours will apply and charged at the Standard Consulting rate, plus additional travel time to/from the meeting location, calculated at 25% of the applicable Standard Consulting rate defined above in Clause 1;
7. Bookings or scheduled coaching sessions shall be typically determined at least 24 hours prior to the event or meeting taking place between the Client and the Company. Where the Client cancels or fails to show-up for a scheduled session, and does to provide a minimum written notice period of at least 24 hours, the value of the paid session will be forfeited and will not be refunded to the Client, or cannot be used again for any forthcoming session.
8. The Company reserves the right to charge a ‘licence fee’ for the use of precedents or the Company’s copyright documents. All copyright documents / intellectual property owned by the Company, provided to the Client, must not be shared to any other 3rd party, without the prior written consent of the Company. Copyright in all documents and plans prepared by the Company and in any works executed from those documents and plans shall remain the property of the Company. Fees for professional services rendered and/or provision of copyright documents will be invoiced on a progressive basis (usually monthly) and are payable within 7 days from date of invoice.
9. Interest at the rate of 10% per annum is payable on overdue fees. Interest will be charged on fees that are overdue more than 60 days from the due date. The rate of interest has been calculated in accordance with the current rate, under the Penalty Interest Rates Act 1983 (Vic). Clients who seek to enter into a payment agreement may have the interest rate waived at our discretion.
10. Goods and Services Tax (GST): for the purpose of this Agreement, “GST” means any consumption tax imposed by government, whether at the point of provision of a service, of a sale or at some other specified occurrence, by whatever name, which operates during the term of the Agreement and includes (without limitation) a goods and services tax, a broad based consumption or indirect tax and a value-added tax.
11. All quotes or estimates provided by the Company to the Client for any planned consulting work will be exclusive of GST, unless otherwise stated, and will remain valid for a maximum period of 30 days, unless otherwise stated.
12. If a dispute arises out of, or relates to, work carried out by the Company, or the breach, termination validity or subject matter thereof, or as to any related claim in restitution or at law, in equity or pursuant to any statute, the parties to the engagement and the dispute expressively agree to endeavour to settle the dispute by mediation administered by the ‘Dispute Settlement Centre Victoria’ – 4/456 Lonsdale St, Melbourne, VIC 3000, before having recourse to arbitration or litigation.